Not to be confused with Leen Valley Country Park but if you live in the Leen Valley ward you’ll live in areas such as around Melbourne Park, Robert Shaw playing fields, Robin Hood’s Road and any areas near the A6514 between Whitemoor and Wollaton Road.
You’ll find information about events and services that TravelRight offer in your area, as well as maps and routes of local services that you can walk and cycle to and ideas about exploring your local and wider area.
Your local public transport
Leen Valley is close to good bus links that go into the city centre such as NCT’s turquoise (76, 77, 78, 79) line. It is also covered by the Local Link bus service numbers 4, 12, 13 and 53.
Click here to find your nearest bus stop. When you get to the website, enter your postcode and then select ‘overview’ and then ‘Transport and streets’ and it’ll bring up your nearest bus stop, with the all the services nearby to where you live.
Your favourite places to walk and cycle
Below are just a few in your area but we’d love to hear about your favourite places. Get in contact with us and we’ll post them below.
- Cycling around Jubilee Campus and exploring it’s space like buildings. Take a picnic and eat by the lake.
- Wollaton Hall and Deer Park isn’t too far away to cycle or catch the number 30 bus from Wollaton Road and you’ll be there in no time.
- Highfields Park – a bit further afield but well worth the extra few miles. You can even go rowing here!
- Lots of parks including Melbourne Park and King George V Playing Fields.
What TravelRight are doing in your area?
- Interesting guided walks and fun bikes rides that explore the local area – click here to see the latest events happening in your local area. These are all free!