If you live in Bilborough or in areas such as Denewood, the Strelley Estate (Woodhouse Way including the Moor Green Estate, Chilwell Dam Farm and Windmill Plantation), the Bilborough Estate, the Vale Estate (including the Glaisdale Industrial Park), the Firbeck Estate, and the Beechdale Estate, then this page is for you.
You’ll find information about events and services that TravelRight offer in your area, as well as maps and routes of local services that you can walk and cycle to and ideas about exploring your local and wider area.
We are proud to bring you our two specially commissioned historical walking and cycling guides to Bilborough, Beechdale, Strelley, Aspley, Broxtowe and Cinderhill.
‘Garden City’ and ‘A New World’ present historical information about the area’s most significant landmarks, buildings and landscapes. They are fully illustrated with an easy to use map and key to the sites. The guides can be downloaded from below.
- Garden City - a walking, cycling and local history guide to Aspley, Broxtowe and Cinderhill. Click here to download
- A New World - a walking, cycling and local history guide to Beechdale, Bilborough and Strelley. Click here to download
Your local public transport
Bilborough has good bus links to the city centre, Beeston and Bulwell. It is well served with NCT’s pink (28) and orange (35) lines and it is also covered by the Local Link bus service numbers 3, 4 and 11 that serve areas such as Glaisdale, Cranwell and Beechdale.
Click here to find your nearest bus stop. When you get to the website, enter your postcode and then select ‘overview’ and then ‘Transport and streets’ and it’ll bring up your nearest bus stop, with the all the services nearby to where you live.
Your favourite places to walk and cycle
Below are just a few in your area but we’d love to hear about your favourite places. Get in contact with us and we’ll post them below.
- Go for a walk and see the deers at Wollaton Hall and Deer Park.
- Lots of parks including Melbourne Park and King George V Playing Fields.
- A lovely walk that takes you to and from Martin’s pond
- Lots of countryside to explore once you cross the A6002 – contact us for more suggested routes.
What TravelRight are doing in your area?
- Interesting guided walks and fun bikes rides that explore the local area – click here to see the latest events happening in your local area. These are all free!