We think the easiest way to enjoy the benefits of walking is to turn it into a habit. Here are some suggestions to help you include walking into you daily routine:
Whether you want to get to the shops or to work feeling refreshed, lose weight or even relieve a bit of stress, walking can help. And the best bit is that it’s completely free!
- Walk to the shops
- Use the stairs instead of the lift
- Walk part of your journey to work – then hop on a tram/bus or train for the remainder
- Leave the car behind for short journeys
- Join a local walking bus and walk the kids to school
- Organise some dates to have a regular walk with a friend
- Get off one stop early from the bus or tram and walk the rest
There are loads of great walking routes across Nottingham – so whether you’re heading to the shops, to work or if you just fancy joining a walk with one our city’s friendly local walking groups then there’s something for everyone – and it’s all on your doorstep.