Bicycles are not permitted on buses or trams in Nottingham, unless you have a folding bicycle.
But…cycling and trains
East Midlands Trains make cycling and using public transport as easy as possible. Whether you’re cycling to the train station and then going to work or using the train and taking your bike for a leisurely bike ride in the countryside, if you follow these simple tips, you won’t go far wrong,
- To avoid disappointment always reserve a place for your bike in advance. It’s free to do! www.eastcoast.co.uk is the only website to allow you to reserve a bike online. We can’t recommend it enough!
- Click here for some more handy tips from National Rail and also here for how to make using trains and bikes a stress-free experience. the Cyclescheme website.
- If you want to leave your bike at Bulwell or Nottingham station then you can do some with peace of mind with Nottingham City Council’s new secure Cycle hubs. Visit our bike parking page for more details.
- Coming soon to Nottingham station – secure cycle storage, bike hire facilities, lockers and changing facilities. More details can be found by clicking here.
Days out with your bike on the train?
Here are just a few ideas, send us yours if you have any…
- The Robin Hood Line running from Nottingham/Bulwell to Worksop offers lots of pleasant quiet country roads and bike paths and a number of fun days out for all the family. Cycles are carried free of charge on the Robin Hood Line but at peak times of the day the numbers carried are restricted. What’s more, a return on a Sunday only costs £3. A bargain!