The North of Nottingham has great cycling routes – from the River Leen to on and off road cycle routes such as the Sustrans National Cycle Network Route 6, right through to parks such as Bestwood Country Park, Wollaton Hall and Deer Park and Bulwell Hall Park.
Our favourite places to ride
Here are some of our favourite routes and places to explore by bike.
- River Leen Greenway cycling and walking map/guide
- Bulwell Hall Park walking guide
- Bestwood Country Park
- Wollaton Hall and Deer Park
- The Big Track is a 10 mile circular waterside car-free route . You can use it to get around Nottingham – or to get to Attenborough Nature Reserve, where it links to the Erewash Valley Trail
- Broxtowe Country Trail
Events and activities in your area
There are lots of fun cycling activities happening in your local area. We’ve listed them below and included links for more information. Let us know if you can’t find what you’re looking for.
- Dr Bike – get your bike fixed for free
- Weekly local Cycle Centres with training, bikes rides and advice
- One to one or group cycle training
- Free hire bikes to lend whilst you learn or you’re not sure about cycling
- Led bike rides around the local area and surrounding countryside
- Bike maintenance workshops teaching you bike maintenance skills
We’ve also included ideas for exploring the wider Nottingham area. If you’re going further then we can provide you with the skills and confidence to do this. Get in touch to talk to us about cycle training. Or if you’re going with the family, see our cycling with the family page for tips and advice on how to do this in a fun and safe way.