Volunteer opportunities available
As a small team and charity, volunteers provide an enormous amount of support to the TravelRight project; we value the time and efforts that people provide greatly. We’ve had over 30 volunteers help the project since 2013 but we’re currently looking for a few more.
We have plenty of opportunities for volunteers, new and old, to get involved with. If you would like to be involved and can spare an hour a week (or more) then we would be very grateful. We’ve listed a few opportunities below but there are plenty of other ways you can help – we can tailor volunteering to your specific needs or interests.
If you’re interested in volunteering with TravelRight, please email email@example.com or call 0115 883 3732 and we can discuss things a bit further.
- Are you a social media wizard or just like to use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for personal reasons? If so, we need your help drafting messages, getting more likes and followers and helping us come up with some new ideas.
- Are you good with excel spreadsheets? We have one or two that need developing and modifying
- Do you like doing internet research? We need help with finding out which local and national events are going on
- Interested in marketing and promotions? To help us get more people cycling or walking, we need help with distributing flyers and posters to local shops, doctors and various other centres
- If you like to be out in the crowd you could help us out by attending local community events. Your assistance with handing out flyers, speaking to the public and setting up events would be brilliant
If you’re a new volunteer, then don’t worry, we’ll provide you with all the training. Just drop us a line and we can chat about the different options available to you.
NEW for 2015 – Work Placement
Are you looking for something more or to get more intensive work experience? We are looking to take on someone for a 4-6 week work placement. This is a great opportunity to boost your experience in office tasks, working at events, and leading walks and bike rides. We will help you to boost your skills set and will be happy to give a reference afterwards, which will do wonders for your employability.
This is a flexible placement and we will cover travel expenses and lunch. If you are interested just give us a call on 0115 883 3732. For more information about the placement please download the placement role description by clicking here.
Thanks for reading and we hope to hear from you soon